Confessions of a Prairie Bitch: How I Survived Nellie Oleson and Learned to Love Being Hated - Alison Arngrim A fantastic book. Alison Arngrim is an amazingly brave woman, and hilarious to boot. This memoir of her growing up years and time spent as Nellie Oleson on The Little House on the Prairie TV series is immensely readable.

Arngrim has a great sense of humor. She tells it like it was, never afraid to be brutally honest about her highly disfunctional family, especially when it comes to the horrible abuse she suffered at the hands of her older brother. While what she had to endure as a child is something truly abhorrent, Arngrim never comes across as a victim looking for pity - she dealt with her experiences in the most positive way possible and turned them into ways of helping others who might be suffering. I admire her greatly.

Too, her stories about the goings-on on The Little House set, including the real personalities of the various actors, were fascinating, especially for a LH fan like me. Clearly Arngrim is nothing like her on screen personae, Nellie, and it's a testament to her great acting abilities that Nellie was such a horrible character and yet I'd love to go out for drinks with Arngrim any time.

Fun book - I highly recommend it to any fan of the Little House series.